The secrets of a music industry

:fire:

What secrets is the music industry hiding? Is everything we see on social media true? Unfortunately not. We have to remember it’s show-business, as they say. It’s all about the money and renown.

Learn the key phrases!

persona
egregious
impersonation
make ends meet
feud
to pay royalties

translate Translate and remember the key phrases.

Let’s check the main ideas!

1. Do musicians always write their own songs?

They don’t. In fact, most of the time there’s a bunch of people helping them.

1. Is all the ‘‘beef’’ in the music industry real?

Not necessarily. Sometimes it’s artificial; an idea by the artist, the management or the record label to increase attention.

1. As a musician, will you earn a lot of money just from recording and releasing music?

No, most musicians earn their money from other sources, for example, touring or merchandise.

I think that…

Share your thoughts!

1. Are you keeping up with the music industry? Are you interested in it?
  2. Who were your idols growing up?
  3. Are there any artists/kinds of music you’re not a fan of? Why?

audio-recording-icon-1 Record your audio reply (you may add some text to it). Include a question for others.
idea Advise a topic for discussion.

1 Like

1 Like

:white_check_mark:

1 Like

1 Like

She isn’t allowed to look after her children.

Every single member of the team earns a percentage of their income.
I believe that nowadays singers earn money when they have contracts with fashion and beauty companies.

1 Like

Why did you put IF in the correction? I used the expression “as for sb” which means “to talk about how another person or thing is affected by something” according to the cambridge dictionary. What means your correction?

1 Like

I’m so sorry, I listened to your recording once again and you’re absolutely right. I got the context of the sentence wrong. Thanks for being alert! :slight_smile: