What secrets is the music industry hiding? Is everything we see on social media true? Unfortunately not. We have to remember it’s show-business, as they say. It’s all about the money and renown.
Learn the key phrases!
Let’s check the main ideas!
- Do musicians always write their own songs?
They don’t. In fact, most of the time there’s a bunch of people helping them.
- Is all the ‘‘beef’’ in the music industry real?
Not necessarily. Sometimes it’s artificial; an idea by the artist, the management or the record label to increase attention.
- As a musician, will you earn a lot of money just from recording and releasing music?
No, most musicians earn their money from other sources, for example, touring or merchandise.
I think that…
Share your thoughts!
- Are you keeping up with the music industry? Are you interested in it?
- Who were your idols growing up?
- Are there any artists/kinds of music you’re not a fan of? Why?
Record your audio reply (you may add some text to it). Include a question for others.
Advise a topic for discussion.