Ben Crump: Breonna Taylor settlement is ‘significant and landmark’: This video from ABC discusses the recent settlement of $12M USD for Breonna Taylor’s family, a young African-American woman who was wrongfully shot by police last March in Kentucky, USA.
Learn the key phrases!
to pay 12 million dollars
with a legally owned gun
the criminal case against the three officers
to live in certain low-income areas
between law enforcement and communities of color
Let’s check the main ideas!
- What happened to Breonna Taylor?
Breonna Taylor was wrongfully shot by police last March in Kentucky, USA.
- What happened after hear tragic death?
Many protests and riots took place after she was killed.
- What disciplinary measures have the officers faced?
One of the three officers was fired and the other two are on administrative reassignment.
I think that…
Share your thoughts!
- Do you think the officers would act differently if they lived in the same community?
- What do you think about the protests and the riots?
- Have you done anything to help the black community?
Record your audio reply (you may add some text to it). Include a question for others.
Advise a topic for discussion.