This TED talk is very important. It is well known that women don’t negotiate their salaries in the same way as men do, and that largely contributes to the wage gap that exists. This happens because many women undervalue what they offer.
Learn the key phrases!
Let’s check the main ideas!
- How do we influence the way people think about us?
We influence it through our interactions, which is why it is important to clearly define and communicate our value.
- How much do women earn compared to men?
Statistically, in America a woman earns 80 cents for every dollar a man earns.
- Are doubts and fears normal?
Yes, of course. They don’t define our value and they shouldn’t limit our earning potential.
I think that…
Share your thoughts!
- Have you ever felt like you were not receiving what you were worth?
- What affects the value that you assign to yourself?
- Does it make you uncomfortable to ask for what you believe you are worth?
Drill the key phrases
Make your own sentences with key phrases and record your voice while reading the sentences.
Practise writing and speaking
Write down your answer to the topic questions and record your voice while reading your answer.
Use the template for your full response if you want a native speaker to check it.
Follow the 1/1 rule: 1 full response per topic and 1 full response per day. You may chat with other users without restrictions.
Sentences with key phrases
Thoughts on the topic questions