This TED talk is very important. It is well known that women don’t negotiate their salaries as men do and that largely contributes to the wage gap that exists. That happens because many women undervalue what they offer.
Learn the key phrases!
Let’s check the main ideas!
- How do we control the way people think about us?
We control it by clearly defining and communicating our value.
- How much do women earn compared to men?
Statistically a woman earns 80 cents for every dollar a man owns.
- Are doubts and fears normal?
Yes, of course. They don’t define our value and they shouldn’t limit our earning potential.
I think that…
Share your thoughts!
- Have you ever felt like you were not receiving what you are worth?
- What affects the value that you assign to yourself?
- Does it make you uncomfortable to ask for what you believe you are worth?
Record your audio reply (you may add some text to it). Include a question for others.
Advise a topic for discussion.