Sleep is one of the most important things we should do if we want to feel and look good. It is essential to get enough sleep in order for our brains to function correctly. Sleep is also involved in the healing and repair of your heart and blood vessels. Ongoing sleep deficiency is linked to an increased risk of heart diseases, high blood pressure, diabetes, and more. But what happens if we sleep too much? Is it even possible?
Learn the key phrases!
Let’s check the main ideas!
- What can be caused by a lack of sleep?
A severe lack of sleep can contribute to depression, anxiety, memory problems, poor concentration, weight gain, and heart disease.
- How many hours of sleep should you get every day?
You should get between 7-9 hours of sleep every single day.
- Can too much sleep cause an early death?
No, there is a difference between correlation and causation. You should get as much sleep as you need. The video also suggests you should stop using an alarm clock.
I think that…
Share your thoughts!
- How does a lack of sleep affect you?
- Do you think you have a healthy, regular sleeping pattern?
- Have you ever tried drinking coffee or energy drinks? Do they affect you in any way?
Record your audio reply (you may add some text to it). Include a question for others.
Advise a topic for discussion.