The health conditions known as coeliac disease and gluten intolerance are often misunderstood. Following a gluten-free diet, which can be quite restrictive, is a medical necessity in these instances — not just a passing craze or fad. In this video, several children with coeliac disease share their experiences.
Learn the key phrases!
Let’s check the main ideas!
- What are the symptoms of gluten intolerance?
The symptoms include bloating and diarrhoea.
- What are the kids sad about?
They can’t eat what other children do.
- What are some of their other struggles caused by gluten intolerance?
Most of them are scared of people making fun of them and asking uncomfortable questions.
I think that…
Share your thoughts!
- Why do you think some people try to follow the gluten-free diet even when they don’t have to?
- Do you know any other examples of unnecessary cutting out of a certain product from diets?
- Could you manage without gluten?
Record your audio reply (you may add some text to it). Include a question for others.
Advise a topic for discussion.