This video from the Economist explains the massive impact that COVID-19 is having on the travel industry worldwide. What will happen in the long-term?
Learn the key phrases!
Let’s check the main ideas!
- Is traveling harder now?
It’s slowly going back to normal, but some aspects of traveling are still a bit more difficult than they were in February.
- How big is the travel industry?
It’s enormous. Every year international holiday makers spend 1.6 trn dollars on bookings.
- What areas of travel might never recover?
One of the examples is business travel. Studies show that they never tend to go back to a pre-crisis level.
I think that…
Share your thoughts!
- Do you think the story is exaggerating how bad the future of travel will be?
- Do you think that all of the airlines will go out of business?
- Do you think that the sales will bounce back as soon as the COVID pandemic is under control?
Record your audio reply (you may add some text to it). Include a question for others.
Advise a topic for discussion.