This video from the Economist explains the massive impact that COVID-19 is having on the travel industry worldwide. What will happen in the long-term?
Learn the key phrases!
Let’s check the main ideas!
- Is traveling harder now?
It’s slowly going back to normal, but some aspects of traveling are still a bit more difficult than they were in February.
- How big is the travel industry?
It’s enormous. Every year international holiday makers spend 1.6 trn dollars on bookings.
- What areas of travel might never recover?
One of the examples is business travel. Studies show that they never tend to go back to a pre-crisis level.
I think that…
Share your thoughts!
- Do you think the story is exaggerating how bad the future of travel will be?
- Do you think that all of the airlines will go out of business?
- Do you think that the sales will bounce back as soon as the COVID pandemic is under control?
Drill the key phrases
Make your own sentences with key phrases and record your voice while reading the sentences.
Practise writing and speaking
Write down your answer to the topic questions and record your voice while reading your answer.
Use the template for your full response if you want a native speaker to check it.
Follow the 1/1 rule: 1 full response per topic and 1 full response per day. You may chat with other users without restrictions.
Sentences with key phrases
Thoughts on the topic questions