A Queer Vision of Love and Marriage

:fire:

I am so excited to share this video with you guys and hear your opinions on it! I’ve seen it a few times since it came out on TED, and it brings happy tears to my eyes every time. Tiq and Kim’s love and happiness is so tangible to me, even through a screen. In so many ways, they are just an ordinary couple that loves, fights, struggles, and perseveres.

Audio_text_introduction_REPLACE

Learn the key phrases!

Audio_key_phrases_REPLACE

Key_phrase_1_REPLACE
Key_phrase_2_REPLACE

translate Translate and remember the key phrases.

Let’s check the main ideas!

Audio_main_ideas_REPLACE

1. What is the golden rule about?

The golden rule is about treating other people the exact same way we’d like to be treated.

1. What is their main goal?

Their main goal is to raise awareness of the LGBTQ+ community problems.

1. Are there any toxic privileges that come with being a man?

There are many toxic privileges that come with being a man. For example, you always have to be the “strong” and “brave” one.

I think that…

Share your thoughts!

1. What do you think about Kim’s rebuttal to “The Golden Rule”? Do you agree or disagree, and why? (Reminder: “The Golden Rule” states that we should treat others the way we want to be treated. Kim says that we should treat people the way that they want to be treated.)

2. For many people, Kim and Tiq don’t have a “conventional” relationship because of Kim’s sexuality, Tiq’s gender, how quickly they got married, etc. In what ways is their relationship “conventional” according to your understanding of relationships?

3. What does your gender identity and sexuality mean to you? Did this video change the way you look at gender in any way?

audio-recording-icon-1 Record your audio reply (you may add some text to it). Include a question for others.
idea Advise a topic for discussion.

2 Likes

1 Like

What an inspirational video. Love is universal language indeed. I just hope more people realises that…

2 Likes

:white_check_mark:

3 Likes

2 Likes

2 Likes

2 Likes

1 Like

hello Katarina, could you please try to hold your microphone a bit further from your mouth? It’d be much more pleasant to hear your messages :grinning:

3 Likes

3 Likes

I would support my friend anyway

Beutiful said Kinga, it 's important human inner and every human supose to have right to have options without judging

1 Like

2 Likes

1 Like

I think ppl too much judge other ppl. Everyone supose to live however feel it should live.

3 Likes